Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Honors Blog #4

4. If you could choose any specific parts of literature and.or history for our honors work next semester, what would you pick and why?

1. I think that through being an honors student I have gained a few skills that have helped me in the regular humanities class and will help me in the future. I think that one thing that being an honors student has helped me with already is learning history. I believe this because after researching for one of the honors blog I learned a lot about Social Security. I think that the honors blog forced me to look deeper so I understood more about it. This helped me on a test we took a few days later.

I think something that being an honors student will help me with in the future is my time management because the extra honors assignments and the regular class assignments kind of piled up at first but it forced me to focus on one thing at a time and to look at my deadlines to find out what assignment is most important.

The last thing I think being an honors student will help me with is leadership opportunities. Even though I am taking honors again next semester, honors this semester has inspired me to take as many leadership opportunities as I can because I think that being a leader is a sign of strength and I like that. haha

2. This only thing I would do differently through honors would be my first honors book review because I didn't understand what to do for the review but I kind of already did it because I thought we were supposed to. I'm not really sure what I'd re-do because I'm proud of everything I've done in as an honors student.

3. My goals for honors next semester is just to keep working hard and to not get behind like I almost did this semester. I also want to make sure to try very hard on each assignment. 

4. I'd like to read the novel Our Strange New Land: Elizabeth's Diary, Jamestown, Virginia, 1609 by Patricia Hermes
I had heard about this book form someone and it sounds really interesting its about "Nine year old Elizabeth keeps a journal of her experiences in the New World as she encounters Indians, suffers hunger and the death of friends, and helps her father build their first home."
I find Indians interesting and the whole coming to a new world interesting. I also really like novels that are like journals like this one and The Diary of Ann Frank. :) Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment