Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Blog #16

In my article I will be talking about gene therapy for breast cancer. I learned that health insurance isn't really affected by genetic therapy. People who undergo this type of cancer treatment will not have their health insurance loss.

I was reading the "Health care is a right, not a privlage" article and I found a quote that was very intereting. It was that "more than 18,000 Americans die every year from preventable illnesses because they do not get to the doctor when they should. This is six times the number who died at the tragedy of 9/11 - but this occurs every year." I thought this was interesting because it is very very sad that we are loosing so many people to preventable illness when all we need in health insurance for them.

I know that if everyone has health insurance the people who have worked harder for it will be upset that the other people who don't work as hard will get the same insurance. I think, after hearing what others said, that there should be universal health care but different kinds. The people who work harder should get a better health care plan while the people who word less for it should have not as good plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment