Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Internship Blog #5

2. Post the highlights from your mentor interview and explain what makes these quotes meaningful to you.

The highlight of my mentor interview was the answer to my last question which was:

During my first semester we wrote stories about American icons and how they fit into a continuum. My continuum was about people who have important quotes that are meaningful to many people. One of my favorite quotes are "If you can dream it you can do it." Do you have any quotes that you try to live your life by or any quotes you use to help others live better lives.

Her answers consisted of 2 different quotes that I thought were very interesting.

She said something like this:

"I''m a big believer in 'If you can dream it you can do it' because when you're in school you have time to dream but when you are stuck in the day to day profession sometime you forget to dream. So dreaming is important because I believe people should never give up on their dreams."

Other quote she liked:

"If you fake it you become it." because if you act like you are having a good day even though it isn't going very well you can still change the outcome of your day by acting like your happy to become happy.

I thought that this part of the interview was very interesting because with the American icons paper I talked about this continuum and my mentor Jamie fits into it as well because she tries to live happier and has quotes that she believes in.

No comments:

Post a Comment