Thursday, September 9, 2010

Blog #4

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." was written on a frame holding a picture of the most beautiful woman I had ever seen. At that moment I was taken aback-inspired-while a million thoughts spun around my head like a hurricane: She is beautiful. I love this picture. I love this quote. But most importantly, I needed to know who was this beautiful woman who’s words inspired me? I looked below the picture to see the name Marilyn Monroe written in black ink. I thought about the name and realized I knew a little about this amazing woman but I wanted to know more. I took out my phone, typed her name in a message and saved it as a draft so I could look her up when I got home.
------------
When people think of their favorite quotes they think about what it means to them and they think of how they relate to the words being said. These words are what inspire people to be happy or to go for their dreams. John Lennon is a man of inspiration, not only do people look up to him for being an amazing artist in the Beatles but they look up to him for what he has to say. “All you need is love.” Another man who’s words inspire the people of today is Walt Disney, the man we all looked up to as kids while watching his movies “If you can dream it, you can do it.” These people are from completely different worlds but all contribute to the same cause, they help people get through the hard times in their lives. There worlds inspire people of all ages to be and happy and go for their dreams, one day I hope to do the same. The thing I always tell people is that they “…should always try to prove people wrong, not to be right, but to show them you can do what they least expected.”

1. I chose this opening and closing combo because I wanted to start with a qoute and then talk about the power of words and end in a quote that I use all the time.

2. This combo connects the main idea of my paper which is the power of words.

3. I want the reader to go back into the real world believing that they can change the world with their works like the people I mention in the continuum.

No comments:

Post a Comment