Thursday, September 2, 2010

Blog #2

























Marylin Monroe

1. What does this Icon represent to you? Why?

Marylin Monroe represents who I want to be in life and she also represents how I hope to see life. She represents a better way to view my life and view myself. My favorite thing about her are her quotes about being who you are.

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."


"I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together."

"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."


"When it comes down to it, I let them think what they want. If they care enough to bother with what I do, then I'm already better than them."


"I've never fooled anyone. I've let people fool themselves. They didn't bother to find out who and what I was. Instead they would invent a character for me. I wouldn't argue with them. They were obviously loving somebody I wasn't."

"She was a girl who knew how to be happy even when she was sad. And that’s important—you know "


"We should all start to live before we get too old. Fear is stupid. So are regrets."

"I want to grow old without face lifts. I want to have the courage to be loyal to the face I have made."


"I don't mind making jokes, but I don't want to look like one."


"I used to think as I looked out on the Hollywood night — there must be thousands of girls sitting alone like me, dreaming of becoming a movie star. But I'm not going to worry about them. I'm dreaming the hardest."


"Keep smiling, because life is a beautiful thing and there's so much to smile about."



2. Who and what was important to this Icon? Why?

David Conover first photographed her because she was a woman helping out with the war. He asked her if she ever considered modeling and that's where it started. She was important to herself she believed in herself.
3. How did this Icon become important in American culture?

She was a famous actress who girls looked up to because she was beautiful and inspirational. The way she lived her life.

4. How did this Icon become important to you?

I have always heard about her and loved her beauty and one day just started reading her quotes and they were very inspirational.

5. Who and what did this Icon inspire?

She inspired people to go for there dreams and be themselves. She also inspired other actresses and singer. even models :)

6. Most inspiring thing about this person?
Every Quote is amazing and inspirational.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Betsey Johnson
 
1. What does this Icon represent to you? Why?

She represents fashion because everyone has at least heard her name because someone is talking about her designs. She makes the thing every girl wants. she makes beautiful clothing.

2. Who and what was important to this Icon? Why?

Fashion and clothing because she is a designer. Her life because she survived breast cancer.
3. How did this Icon become important in American culture?

People wear clothing and she designs it and sells it in America. People like her designs and buy her clothing.
4. How did this Icon become important to you?

One day I walked into a Betsey Johnson store because I saw a dress I liked and then I looked through the rest and realized i liked the clothing there. My aunt also had shown me somethi9ng she bought from there a week later and i fell in love with her stuff.

5. Who and what did this Icon inspire?

She inspires other designers to make unusual clothing. She also inspires girls that its fine to wear unusually clothes it can still be trendy. She inspires people by being a cancer survivor as well.

6. Most inspirational thing about this person?

Her designs are different but amazing. Gives me hope I can do it too.












Miranda Kerr

1. What does this Icon represent to you? Why?

She represents my dream job. I want to be a model more than anything in the world. She represents beauty and clothing.

2. Who and what was important to this Icon? Why?

Her home family and her family of angels (aka Victoria's secret models)
3. How did this Icon become important in American culture?

She campaigned for many different company's including Roxy and Betsey Johnson and eventually found Victoria's secret and then came from Australia.
4. How did this Icon become important to you?

I thought she was the most beautiful Victoria's secret model and I heard she was with Orlando Bloom.
5. Who and what did this Icon inspire?

She inspires girls because shes young and beautiful inside and out. Girls want to be just like her.
6. What is most inspirational about this person?

She has the job I want and I know that she acheived it from just following her dream and it makes me feel like I can do it too.


No comments:

Post a Comment