Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Blog #5

1. What aspect of the American Icons artist statement has been most successful for you? Why?
 
The aspect I found most successful was the quotes and how to put them into a sentance and make it my own. 
 
2. What writing tip(s) have been the most helpful? Why?
 
The Loop writing tip was probably the most helpful for me because I had trouble writing the first and last paragraphs of my paper. I also thought the concerts not pancakes tip was very helpful because it helped me make my paper end on a strong note.

And...

3. What aspect of the artist statement has been most challenging? Why?
 
The ending paragraph was the most challenging because I couldn't find a nice way until we talked about the loop.
 
4. What writing tip is most challenging? Why?
 
The most challenging tip was the loop, even though it was most helpful it was hard to get at first. It was also very difficult since there are so many ways to use the loop. I decided on using the quote and anecdote.
And....

5. Post a section of your writing that you are currently working on. List at least three questions that, if answered, would help you improve your work.
 
I have a dream, a big dream; it't to be a model. It's been hard because I've tried sending my picture to places but it seems like I'm never what they are looking for. It seems they always want someone different someone else who is out there with the same dream as me "...there must be a million girls sittin galone like me, dreaming of becoming a movie star. But I'm not going to worry about them. I'm dreaming the hardest."
 
Does it make sense that I believe this too?
Can you tell that this is a quote by Marilyn Monroe?
Is there anything that I should add to make it easier to understand?

No comments:

Post a Comment