Thursday, September 30, 2010

Blog #9

Many people believe that the civil war ended slavery and that there is nothing like it now but those people are wrong. The website I have posted a link to above shares stories of teenagers who have been forced into slavery (now called either human traicking or sex slaves) where they are treated horribly and forced into becoming prostitutes or just raped and murdered. This website shares a video (also embeded) of a girl who believed something like this could never happen to her that she "was safe and careful" but little did she know that these things happen more frequently than most people think. 300,000 children a year is the estimate. This is something that I feel very strongly about this because it is something I fell more girls should be worried about but they don't and I don't understand why that is. I think its sad that all the soldiers in the civil war fought so hard to end slavery and we still have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment