Thursday, September 16, 2010

Blog #6

Artist Statement Marilyn Monroe
by Shoshannah Michaelsen
           
"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring", was written on a frame holding a picture of the most beautiful woman I had ever seen. At that moment a million thoughts spun around my head like a hurricane: She is beautiful. I love this picture. I love this quote. But most importantly, I needed to know who she was. I looked below the picture to see the name Marilyn Monroe written in black ink. I thought about the name and realized I knew little about this amazing woman and wanted to know more.
Once I got home I got on my computer and typed her name in on a quote website. I read quote after quote becoming more inspired by each one. I thought each one and it made me think about life. I’ve always believed that words are powerful and can change lives. I believe Marilyn’s words are extremely powerful and can help people live happier lives and can also inspire them to go for their dreams and to not care what others think.
In middle school  people used to use their words to hurt me. I’d come home crying because the things they would say but I realized if "…I let them think what they want. If they care enough to bother with what I do, then I'm already better than them." I have a dream to be a model but It’s been hard because I’ve tried sending my picture to places but it seems like I’m never what they are looking for. It seems they always want someone better than me, another girl with the same dream, "… there must be thousands of girls sitting alone like me, dreaming of becoming a movie star. But I'm not going to worry about them. I'm dreaming the hardest."
These words are what inspire people to be happy or go for their dreams. John Lennon is a man of inspiration, not only do people look up to him for being an amazing artist in the Beatles but they look up to him for what he has to say. “All you need is love.” Another man whose words inspire the people of today is Walt Disney, the man we all looked up to as kids while watching his movies “If you can dream it, you can do it.” These people are from completely different worlds but all contribute to the same cause, they inspire people of all ages to be happy and go for their dreams, one day I hope to do the same. I always tell people is that they “…should always try to prove people wrong, not to be right, but to show them you can do what they least expected.”

No comments:

Post a Comment